Thursday, July 19, 2007

He shoots, he scores!


Here are the first pics from the photoshoots taken in Montreal this week. I'm particularly pleased that the lighting worked out so well. I had the opportunity to use some good lighting sources and a large workspace, so I spent a lot of time setting up the front, side and back lighting effectively and trying many different things. I wanted it so that the artwork would be accentuated as much as the latex. It was also an attempt to remove the bright spots that typically show up using a flash. I took some experimental shots without the flash as well. I like how the shadowing worked out in some of the non-flash photos (especially produced on the face by the hat and overhead lighting) but once again, the lack of flash reduced the shine on the latex from the front as the photo was being taken. I'm quickly learning that there are always compromises when attempting to photograph and capture the essence of black latex.

Regardless I think they turned out very well! In fact, this is probably the best photo series I have generated to date.

Props to my peeps -- The artwork in the background is by the talented Montreal artist Yvon Goulet. I'd like to thank the incomparable Mme. Olive for posing with me! She is the friendliest python I have ever met.



I'm heading out tomorrow night on the town with Latxboy and company as a last blowout on my trip to Montreal. It sounds like we will be making stops at Le Parking and L'Aigle Noir. Hopefully there will be some naughty pics to post! :-)

I leave for home on Saturday evening. I received confirmation on Tuesday that the Mr. S suit is on its way to Canada, so I'll have something to expect in the mail next week!

No comments: