Monday, May 14, 2007

Fetish night revisited

In Canada, the weekend coming up is the Victoria Day Long Weekend (May '2-4' -- which incidentally is the Canadian slang word for a case of beer). It is unofficially the start of the Canuck summer, which means most people will be escaping the city to sit in lineups and traffic jams out in the wilderness instead...

I am getting my gang of friends together to go to Fetish Night at the Calgary Eagle on Saturday night. If you recall, my friend DB and I went to a hetero fetish night a few months ago which was disappointing, as far as participation is concerned. I will certainly give the organizers an 'A' for effort, but the people in this city are simply creative and expressive deadwood. If it doesn't have a high-power engine under the hood, a hockey stick, or 2500 square feet wrapped in monochromatic beige, people in this city simply aren't interested enough to hold their attention for more than 3 microseconds. Either that or they go into full-blown judgment-mode.

Regardless, I have eight people that are all keen on going. Some will dress up in leather (which is the only fetish in the Calgary gay community, apparently), and the others are encouraged to dress in black. I am going to dress up in the full rubber club outfit again. I'm a little concerned that the boyfriend might find this all a little hard to take, but as I've said to him many times before, the reason I want to do this is to show off and have the opportunity to wear rubber in public, not to get picked up. I think he might have a hard time dealing with the prying eyes if he comes, but I hope he will understand I'm not doing it to play mindgames with him. It's simply a big thrill for me to have these men leering at me in my skintight rubber!

I'm planning on getting some pics of us all prepped before we go out. I'll certainly post what I get here!

Have a great long weekend, wherever you are!

No comments: