Thursday, October 30, 2014

Update

I realize I haven't been very much here this week; a lot has been going on. I've been trying to fit five days of work into four because I'm taking tomorrow off to head to Chicago for MIR, so that's been going on. I have lots of packing and preparations to complete today. As some of you know, I return to Vancouver next Tuesday then Mr. P and I are heading to Edmonton on Wednesday to spend the week with my family in Red Deer, returning November 11, Remembrance Day.

Most importantly, I'm sad to say that Mr. P's cancer has returned. He went in for biopsy on some new formations under the skin in his lower abdomen last Thursday and we went to his doctor on Tuesday for the results, which unfortunately came back positive. It was a very emotional and anxious weekend to say the least. He's having a hard time with the news. Now that I'm over my 'worst-case scenario' phase, I am going to move on to being his positive voice and advocate again. It's likely that everything, including additional CT Scans to find out exactly what is in these new 'blobs' and what their shape and volume are were not going to get booked until after the 11th anyways so the doctor has given us the go-ahead to get out of town for a week. It's unfortunately but even the doctor said that angiosarcomas 'never play very nice'.

I hope that a week away will help take Mr. P's mind off of things. I'm very worried about him.

So, I'll try to do some MIR updates in the coming week, but I suspect next week will be pretty quiet as well as I'm focusing on husband and family time.

Take care, everyone.
Reid

1 comment:

rubberdc said...

Reid,,,,
MASSIVE HUGS to both of you , terrible news to hear of the return of that awful word..
Im with you in spirit and wish i was there in person to give you both the enormous emotional support.
Dxx