Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tumblr is Easy, Blogger is Hard

I marvel at how many people will contact me and say how much they love my Tumblr blog recently. It is great to be noticed, but really, adding content to Tumblr is easy. For 99.9% of Tumblrers, it is a matter of reblogging something someone has already posted. Especially when you're a perversion addict and scrolling through your Tumblr newsfeed at least for an hour a day! LOL

My Tumblr is all about sexy studs in rubber - pretty much exclusively. It's not hard to add new content and I appreciate why guys, particularly gay guys LOVE Tumblr. It's all about getting hard from the visuals.

My Blogger blog on the other hand has been chugging along for 8 years now, it's had readership highs and readership lows over the years, but generally it's had a steady and slowly growing readership, which is what I always wanted, I guess.

When I get into writer's block the numbers drop quickly. This is pressure on me as the content creator to keep the content interesting, current and fresh, which can be daunting and a lot of work sometimes. Over the years, I've had lots of accolades from this blog too, however the amount of effort to keep content interesting and appealing to the largest number of guys is a challenge of an order of magnitude more than the Tumblr blog. It's hard to stay cerebral in a sea of horny men who are all visually stimulated!

Regardless, I see the two blogs as complementing each other. In fact, I am going to endeavor to merge the two together even more in the future...investigation commencing.

No comments: