Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wrap it up

Packing and moving is stressful enough, but there's another layer of anxiety added when you're packing up your rubber for storage in an offsite storage locker. Do I have enough packing paper and gauze in between layers? Do I have it too compacted or is the weight of the rubber at the top of the box going to compact the items at the bottom? More importantly, what will I do if some cute man comes through town that wants to have a rubber play session?

As things stand, I will have one modest-sized locker offsite for longer term storage of furniture, crap that I don't regularly use, etc. and another one in the basement of Mr. Ps condo building, much smaller but exclusively for clothes, short-term holdings where I hope to put the rubber but that will depend on space. It is so strange....this is the first time in my life that my possessions are going to be stored away and not readily accessible.

Oh well, its a sacrifice in order to reduce living expenses drastically while I'm not working...as much as societal pressure is making me think I should be looking for new work right away, my sane side is convincing me to take the summer off, smell the roses and soak up the sun on the beach as long as possible.  Why not? I have funds to live simply for the summer, stay close to home, get back into shape and maybe discover more about myself. Who knows what will happen? All I know is that I'm getting the hang of not being in a big hurry to get back into the fucking rat race.

Once the stress of the move is behind me in a couple weeks and I'm able to focus more on the career counselling program, work on Mr. Ps bookkeeping and help him out with some of his work, summer in my opinion will finally be here!

No comments: