Friday, January 15, 2010

Murad 1966-2010


My MuMu didn't make it out of ICU and passed on yesterday afternoon. As most of you know he was in the hospital since December 22nd but had been appearing to improve until a sudden downturn in his condition at the end of the past weekend increased in severity and graveness.

It's still a shock and frustrating that our storybook together which just got started will now not get written but I feel so blessed to have met such a remarkable guy who impacted my life in so many ways for such a brief intense period. I take solace in knowing he's not in pain anymore and reunited with his mom which he wanted more than anything.

I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful network of family and friends. You truly know what matters in life during times like this.

I will probably be offline for awhile. Thank you everyone for your support.

10 comments:

Patrick said...

Reid,

I am so sorry to hear about M's passing - my heart is breaking for you. I hope in time everything will work out for you.

With a heavy heart,

Pat

thkg25 said...

My sincerest condolences to you! This is shocking news and I do feel with you.

Unknown said...

Hey, we've never met, and I've never commented on your blog before, but I check your blog every few days and I feel (in a very small way) somehow connected to your life.

I was so shocked to read this post that I just wanted to say something... although any words that I can think of saying to you seem wrong, or empty or useless.

Still, I feel compelled to tell you that I am genuinely sorry to hear of your terrible loss, and that today you are in my thoughts, at what must be an extremely harrowing time for you.

- RubberPig, UK

Anonymous said...

Reid,
I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss.
That picture of you two together...warmth and great affection is what I feel beaming from it.
My thoughts are with you at this incredibly sad time.
Duncan.x

Anonymous said...

So sorry to read of your loss. You & yours will be in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

My sincere condolances to this tragic lost.
I really do wish the good memorys will help you going on as time goes by.

Big hug from Mathew, a follower of this blog from the Netherlands

Zelda Rose said...

I hope you don't mind condolences from a stranger? I have had too many losses recently and can understand what's going on right now. You're right, you are blessed to have friends and family and to having had him in your life, even if briefly.

FoxZatt said...

My most sincere condolences Reid. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Stu.

snoopy said...

The loss of a loved one is one of the deepest pains our hearts can suffer... may you know no more sorrow. my sincerest condolences.

-snoopy
(aka: stephen)

snoopy said...


The loss of a loved one is one of the deepest pains our hearts can suffer... may you know no more sorrow.

-snoopy
(aka: stephen)