Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Parity


Well, nothing really has been going on lately. I have had to do some repairs to my fullsuit in the past few weeks and it looks like some of the seams are starting to fall apart. I guess the latex glue in some suits has a limited lifespan. There's complete truth to the statement that rubber maintenance and repair is a long-term commmitment! I ran out of the glue that I had been using in the past - some that I had bought from Twist My Rubber Arm, so now I am fielding the question out to the pervy public on what types of glue make for good rubber repair. After doing some research online, it appears that most experienced rubberists tend to recommend buying latex glue from reputable rubber retailers rather than go out to Home Depot to buy something that you would find in a bike tube repair kit. I don't want to risk damaging my precious latex so I would tend to err on the side of caution in this case.

If anyone can recommend a good dependable rubber glue that can be bought easily in the North American market, I would appreciate it!

That being said, with the stellar rise of the Canuck buck against the American dollar over the past six months, I am compelled to start shopping for some new gear, preferably from the US. No better time than the present! However, I am not really sure what the next thing I would like to buy should be. I have been in touch with a friend who is getting a custom-sized fullsuit from a tailor in Chicago that sounds intriguing. I am hoping to get some contact info about him and talk to him directly about what he can offer, as he doesn't have an online retail presence and tends to sell most of his gear on eBay. I am leaning towards finally getting a transparent fullsuit, but still not 100% sure. Does anyone have any suggestions? There are still a few European retailers that I would love to work with, but the best deals would definitely be found in the US right now.

No comments: