Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Men's Rubber Fashion

Burberry has latex trenchcoats in its 2013 line.  Not the cheapest, but they are legitimate latex! They look nice; but I know the cost will be lost on rubbermen, who obviously have ways of getting a similar style much more cheaply! ;)

Companies like Native Shoes and One Moment are making rubber or rubber-like casual shoes. The One Moments even biodegrade overtime and 'return to the environment from wence they came'! Not sure how long they would last, but the concept is kind of cool. They would certainly protect my latex socks from damage...

I own a pair of Kenneth Cole rubber boots that were a special edition from about four years ago, I've never seen anything like them since, though it looks like they might still be available on the KC website??? Hunter also made rubber sneakers in the past, they are apparently also hard to find today.

Of course, the ultimate in rubber footwear might be these darling Converse All-Stars that were sold special edition years ago too. A guy on Fetlife posted this pic of them, I don't suspect there are many pairs of these in existence...pic removed... It's nice to see some rubber and latex making some inroads into men's fashion!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look again at the Burbery website and you will see the 'rubber' coats are 98% PVC and 2% polyurathanea

Unknown said...

Bah! Those people at Burberry are big fat liars! Or at least deceivers. Now I think the price is even more ridiculous...I would at least pay more for latex or rubber than PVC!!!!!!! :(

Eww, PVC....gross!

Jim Drew said...

When you're down here, remind me to show you my vote for ultimate rubber footwear, my yellow rubber high tops from Yellow Cab Shoes, circa 1999

Jim Drew said...

When you're down here, remind me to show you my vote for ultimate rubber footwear, my yellow rubber high tops from Yellow Cab Shoes, circa 1999

Anonymous said...

I am that guy on Fetlife and I really do not appreciate that you take my pics (without asking) to put them on your blog. There is a reason Fetlife has a login!

JMRules

Unknown said...

Non-descript pic of a pair of shoes has been removed.