Monday, December 12, 2011

Fall 2011 Poll Results

Thank you everyone who voted in my informal poll on How We Don Our Latex.  I never expected so many to use silicone lube/dressing aids as the poll indicated.  Personally, I use lube 90% of the time.  It just seems to work so much better with those of us with body hair.  I always found in my tight suits that powder is fine for getting a suit on, but it doesn't allow the skin and latex surfaces to slide against each other enough that you don't end up getting a lot of tugging on hair, particularly in pressure point areas like the knees and large sections like forearms.

I have used water-based lubes like ID lube or J-lube before, but they don't have the longevity in the suits long enough for extended wearing.  Eventually you are either swimming in fluids or the lube dries up and you are left with nothing.  This is a similar experience to putting a suit on in the shower.  It is easy to put on but this doesn't really set you up for extended wearing.

I think a lot of people just getting into latex tend to do the more rudimentary activites just as rubbering up in the shower or using water-based lubes.  The tightness of the latex is another consideration.  I have some looser suits that I tend to put on with talc; it's just a quicker process.  Once you become a more seasoned player and realize you need to maximize your latex time, you seek what will provide you maximum comfort.  So far, the best for me personally, and for many others is using silicone-based dressing aids or bodyglides.

No comments: