Friday, March 8, 2019

#Rubbout2019 #RubboutIlluminate

Wow, with just over three weeks to go, things are coming together at a feverish pace. We are still trying to overcome some hurdles but this year's Rubbout is set to be the best by far! The liberty we get with a convention-style format in a supportive hotel has allowed us to plan for things we've never been able to plan for before. I gotta say I'm getting pretty excited.

You've probably by now seen the hashtags out in the twittersphere....we are pushing sales hard. We have literally broke the record for Rubbout weekend passes sold. We are nearing 140 with only a dozen or so to go, and over 40 rooms booked in the host hotel, the Holiday Inn Downtown! It's going to be a burner!

I've pretty much finalized all the sponsors and vendors, will be working on some of the volunteer assignment and logistics plans, and executing the Kink Market and Demo Pit throughout the weekend. I've also been asked to do a few demos at the Friday night party and I'm considering some of the equipment to make an appeared at the Vancouver Steamworks "AfterGlow" party on Saturday night in addition to the play party. We'll see what happens.

I have so many friends from near and far coming to this year's event, I really hope I have set my self up well enough to have time to visit and play with these awesome people! The fact I have some long-time friends coming to the event for the first time is super-amazing to me.

So, leading up to April 5-7 weekend, of course, there are kickoff parties. This Saturday, Vancouver Men in Leather are hosting a 'Smoulder' party to promote Rubbout 2019: Illuminate. I have been asked to provide a demo but I think it may amount to taking the straightjacket with me and perhaps the bondage strips to do a bit of a mummification demo. I'm sort of looking forward to just being able to relax and socialize this weekend. Maybe I'll wear something rubber buttless and get fucked in the bar? LOL

Next weekend is the next Vancouver Rubbermen Meet + Play, branded as the Rubbout kickoff party 'Spark'. I'm planning to bring out the electro and add it to the mix - sounds appropriate for the theme, doesn't it? The afternoon of the 16th is bound to be a hoot!

I've got some good vid and pics from last weekend's play dates with N33dfulthings and Mook. I had the opportunity to gimp out in full rubber and get my ass destroyed. It was pretty epic, and I'm pretty grateful. I'm still trying to get the vids of the XL Pig Hole in me getting stretched out with some epic Mr. Hankeys toys in the meanwhile :D

No comments: