Thursday, November 3, 2011

Jetsetting

Tomorrow is the beginning of my annual trip madness week. I am off to Chicago tomorrow morning for MIR, returning to Vancouver on Tuesday night, then leaving for Calgary on Wednesday morning for family Xmas weekend. People ask me, "why don't you just fly direct to Calgary from Chicago?", without them knowing that I have 50lbs of rubber and restraints that need to be washed and packed away at home before I can refill the suitcase with cotton and Christmas gifts. ;)

As usual, I am missing an excess of great parties in Vancouver while away: The 3rd HARD party is on Friday, for starters. I missed the second one while in Las Vegas so I'll be certain to hit the fourth!

Rubbout planning has hit some stumbling blocks but hopefully nothing too serious. Mitch has updated the website, the Facebook group is generated, I had hoped to have all the sponsorship packages sent away to previous supporters before leaving but I had to wait on some printing quotes which came too late. Regardless, I am planning to get some of Antoine of Recon's time over the weekend to talk sponsorship. Priape and Mr. S in addition to InRubber and Ware's and Wear are all onboard already...

Speaking of Recon, I am VERY excited to see their Signature line which is to be unveiled tomorrow. They have been good at piquing everyone's curiosity. I think the timing is not coincidental that they are opening the store at the MIR Market tomorrow as well, so I am very much looking forward to seeing what they have. I am already salivating at the sprint suit and hoody combination; I'll have to be logical about my decisions...I had already vowed to seriously check out the Rubaddiction store for some of their stuff (such as the skinhead jeans with suspenders...I was considering a hoodie from them too, I will have to comparison shop to find out which one I like better). How awesome is it that I can rubber comparison shop in one place?
I am also wanting to get some toys: a puppy tail from Mr. S, and a breath reduction mask if I can find one. If Mr. S has any of their double-layer gas masks there, I might consider that too.  My main purchase from Mr. S might be the neoprene motocross pants.  I still have a gift certificate from them from competing last year that I haven't used yet and those neoprene pants are fucking HOT!
So, that's about it for now. I have a lot to do in the next 24 hours, and I'm aiming to have a pile of fun this weekend. I'm a bit under the weather this week but making progress in the 'clearing out my sinuses' department, and this might be something to impact numbers at MIR as well as I know some viral crap is certainly making its way around. My was-to-be roommate in Chicago, Nicemuscles has cancelled his trip and his intent to compete at MIR as Mr. TORN Rubber because he is so sick. I'm fortunate that Rubberbuck is going to take his place; he didn't have a room in the host hotel so is keen to move in with me. West Coast, Represent! LOL

I am going to be promoting Rubbout heavily in addition to being a panelist on one of the discussion forums taking place at MIR, the one I'm involved in is discussing 'how to build a kink community?'.

So, I'm planning to take tons of pics, wear rubber 24/7 for three or four days, and hopefully get a fist or two in my hole, so won't be on here much until next week. I will probably try posting on the run once I get into some hotspots in the hotel, Community Center, etc.

Have a great weekend, I sure am going to!!! :D

1 comment:

rbbrmutation said...

I'm not impressed by Recon's move into fetishwear sales.

Removing video chat with a month's warning and no replacement has tarnished the brand irrevocably for me. They (arguably) have the biggest subscriber base of any gay fetish social website, and videochat was a core proposition of their offer.

It was a thriving community, but seemingly none of their business strategists could work out how to make it cost effective, so they just pulled it.

Their increasing move into non-online social markets now just leaves me cold.

Being objective, the signature line looks OK, but not amazingly well made. Looking at the models they employed for the main gear sales shoots, the rubber is pretty badly fitting. If that's how it looks on the 'idel' model, then it's not going to look great on Joe Average. Most of the patterns are generic, and in some cases just copies of other garment makers.