Friday, July 15, 2011

Newsworthy Tightness

Just as we're heading into another summer weekend....here in Vancouver, we're two weeks to Pride and just over a week to the Outgames. The city is going to be hopping! The weather - meh - not so much. I feel for the poor folks enduring the heatwave everywhere else on the continent this weekend, but we would really appreciate it if you would send some heat and sun our way up here in the Northwest.

Entertainment Weekly released photos in today's magazine of Andrew Garfield and the cast of the new Spider-Man movie. I hadn't really appreciated the look of the suit in the filming candid shots that were all over the Internet, but the stylized professional photos do it some justice. I'm not all swoony over Garfield, but I'm sure the movie will be awesome.
Also alerted to me this morning were pics of Brian Wilson of the San Francisco Giants, Wednesday night in Hollywood at the ESPY Awards, and nobody made a bigger impression on the red carpet than the San Francisco Giants closer. San Francisco Giants closer Brian Wilson loves to push the boundaries. The eccentric All-Star showed up in a one-piece spandex tuxedo. "It's a onesie, so it has built-in gloves that are a little dirty because I've been getting a little awkward here on the carpet," Wilson said. To complete the visual image, may we also note that Wilson had a gold bow tie, custom socks sent to him by a fan as well as a "Cougar" cane. This guy's a freak and we should love him for showing his inner-nut in such a public way. I think I need to get one of these for all my future formal engagements.

No comments: