Sunday, April 6, 2008

Mr. Rubber Calgary Recap

Well, the evening finally came to strut my rubber stuff and it sure was a lot of fun! Priape, Polymorph and Nasty Pig sponsored the event, and despite the fact there were only two competitors, there were a lot of men dressed up in latex and leather at the bar and we two as competitors certainly pulled out all the stops in attempts to wow the crowd! The main message of the evening was that there are lots of us in a closeted city like Calgary that are into this stuff, and we want to facilitate events and venues where people can be comfortable about showing their pervy side in public venues.

I had to go in early for pre-event interviews. The other competitor, D and I discussed what we were going to wear. I had initially planned to wear the black STR suit and gas mask for the first "full rubber" round, but D told me he was planning on wearing a hazmat suit, so that inspired me to actually wear the white Libidex suit and white boots and gasmask for the first round. I'm glad I did because afterwards that was the costume most people commented positively about! The second round was fantasy/play wear and I gear up in my full S.W.A.T. military outfit (coming onto the stage to the 'Mission Impossible' theme). D wore his new policeman's shirt with helmet, sunglasses and jodhpurs. For the third round I wore my rubber harness and latex hot shorts, captain's hat and sunglasses while D wore a latex jock underneath a fireman's coat.

I was fortunate to have my bf around to help me get ready for the rounds. Our changing area was very small and hot so things got a little stressful for me at points, when I knew that a half hour of prep was only going to result in a few minutes onstage. The bf helped out immensely, lacing up boots and running for beers. Regardless, we made it through and I'm happy to say that I won! I received a nice black Polymorphe vest with red trim and 'M. Rubber Calgary 2008' in red lettering on the back. They will be handing out these as standard issue for winners of all the regional contests.

We received great prizes with Priape gift certificates and a offer from Polymorphe for an item of latex clothing, free. I never heard anything about the continuation to Montreal for nationals, however I assume that will be coming later, no matter.

In all the chaos, I didn't have my video or still camera there, but there will be lots of pics of the event eventually making it to GayCalgary and Rubberzone. I can't wait to see the final pics! It was a great time and I'm glad I did it now.

6 comments:

Patrick said...

Hi Matt,

Let me be the first to congratulate you on winning the contest! It could not have happened to a nicer (or more pervy) guy! I'm glad the Libidex suit showed up when it did - the white latex definitely made you a singular sensation!

Hugs,

Pat

FoxZatt said...

Congratulations Matt "Mr. Calgary Rubber 2008"! :D

Anonymous said...

May i add my CONGRATULATIONS to Mr Calgary Rubber 2008!!You certainly deserve the title.It was fantastic that the white suit arrived in time and that you got your chance to WOW those guys.
Once again....WELL DONE!!!
regards Rubberdc.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the kudos, guys! *blush*

Anonymous said...

Reid! Congratulations and I look forward to meeting you in person in the near future!

I'm working on my article for the next edition of News from Mr. International Rubber.

Cheers!
Willi

William "Rubberwilli" Schendel
MIR Weekend Coordinator and MIR2003

Anonymous said...

Matt buddy!!

I am so happy for you!!! I KNEW you could, and WOULD do it!!! Also you sure had it all within you!!! You sure did!!!!

One SUPER Congragulations!!! :)

Joe